Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The pride of your heart has deceived you, you who live in the clefts of the rocks and make your home on the heights, you who say to yourself, Who can bring me down to the ground?

Obadiah 1

The pride of your heart has deceived you,
    you who live in the clefts of the rocks
    and make your home on the heights,
you who say to yourself,
    ‘Who can bring me down to the ground? v3

I often have pride...in many places in life: as a father, as a husband, as a man, at work etc.   I should not only be humble because God tells me to, but also because if I don't God can strike me down...and be just in His actions to do so.

Though you soar like the eagle
    and make your nest among the stars,
    from there I will bring you down,” v4.

...

 “God opposes the proud
   but shows favor to the humble.” James 4:6

My Prayer: Lord, You are everything and capable of anything.  Yet during Your time on earth, You humbled Yourself...for me.  How amazing.  I am not worthy of such love yet You love me anyway.  Thank You Jesus for this love and for the countless blessings you have provided.  Please forgive me for my anger and my rage.  Rid me of this sin.  Transform my heart and my life Jesus.  Take me as Your servant.