Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Because you have depended on your own strength and on your many warriors, the roar of battle will rise against your people...

Hosea 10

Because you have depended on your own strength
and on your many warriors,
the roar of battle will rise against your people....v13-14

I am challenged when times are good to seek out Lord...not just when times are tough.

At one point here in the text, Israel turns away from God...it is when times are good and it is perhaps tempting to credit one's own efforts vs those of the Lord.

Israel was a spreading vine;
he brought forth fruit for himself.
As his fruit increased,
he built more altars;
his his land prospered,
he adorned his sacred stones.
Their heart is deceitful,
and now they must bear their guilt. v1-2

Do I do this...I don't think so and I hope not.  I am hopeful and prayerful that I both continue to seek out the Lord in bad and good times alike...and that I always credit my blessings and gifts as from the Lord alone.

Those who trust in themselves are fools Proverbs 28:26

My Prayer: Lord, You are the source of everything.  I have done nothing outside of Your power and will and I will do nothing outside of Your power and will.  You don't need me but You love me and You use me.  And You have blessed me.  I am not deserving of such love.  Thank You Jesus.  Please forgive me for my worry about school work.  Help me trust in You.  Help me also trust in You always and for all things big and small.