Thursday, May 23, 2013

“I was neither a prophet nor the son of a prophet, but I was a shepherd, and I also took care of sycamore-fig trees. 15 But the Lord took me from tending the flock and said to me, ‘Go, prophesy to my people Israel.’ 16 Now then, hear the word of the Lord

Amos 7

“I was neither a prophet nor the son of a prophet, but I was a shepherd, and I also took care of sycamore-fig trees. 15 But the Lord took me from tending the flock and said to me, ‘Go, prophesy to my people Israel.’ 16 Now then, hear the word of the Lord.  v14-16

Amos speaks to Amaziah the priest of Bethel and sends the Lord's message of warning to be relayed to Jeroboam king of Israel.  He speaks boldy, even though he sees himself as an ordinary man. 

Of course I am an ordinary man.  Yet God is no ordinary God.  He is the One and Only True God.

Therefore, holy brothers and sisters, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, whom we acknowledge as our apostle and high priest. He was faithful to the one who appointed him, just as Moses was faithful in all God’s house. Jesus has been found worthy of greater honor than Moses, just as the builder of a house has greater honor than the house itself. For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything. Hebrews 3:1-4

Am I willing to allow to God to work through me?  Will I submit to God and do what He asks?

My Prayer: Lord, You ARE the source and builder of everything.  Even though I am ordinary...You are extraordinary...capable of anything, anywhere, anytime.  You don't need me yet You love me...amazing!  Thank You Lord.  I am weak, impatient, complacent, and selfish.  Forgive me Lord Jesus.  Rid me of these sins.  Help me so that Your desires are my desires.  Help me so that I can live a daring and bold faith.