Tuesday, May 28, 2013

New wine will drip from the mountains and flow from all the hills, and I will bring my people Israel back from exile.

Amos 9

New wine will drip from the mountains
and flow from all the hills,
and I will bring my people Israel back from exile. v13-14

The Lord is righteous and He is just.  He punishes, but as I have posted here, His punishment is not aimless, it is intentional and for our own good.  God's goodness is seen in Amos 9 as He promises to restore Israel and never again "uproot" them.  God is also good, full of mercy, compassion, kindness, and of course wisdom.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You ARE good, full of mercy, compassion, kindness, and wisdom.  I am not deserving of such blessings.  I sin...I hide myself from You and I neglect my relationship (training) with You.  I know You love me anyway...this is Your goodness and mercy on display.  Thank You Jesus.  But I am in need of forgiveness...please forgive me.  Help me deepen my love of You, my trust in You, my faith, in You, and my obedience in You.  Help me live a bold and daring faith Lord Jesus.