Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I brought you up out of Egypt and led you forty years in the wilderness to give you the land of the Amorites.

Amos 2
 
I brought you up out of Egypt
    and led you forty years in the wilderness
    to give you the land of the Amorites. v10

Does the Lord need to remind me of what He has done for me.  Am I ever present to the rich blessings He has given me.  Do I slow down to take time to recognize all that He has done for me?

Or, do I forget or fail to acknowledge the many blessings given to me:

I brought you up out of Egypt
    and led you forty years in the wilderness
    to give you the land of the Amorites.

 “I also raised up prophets from among your children
    and Nazirites from among your youths.
Is this not true, people of Israel?”
declares the Lord.
 “But you made the Nazirites drink wine
    and commanded the prophets not to prophesy.

My Prayer: Lord, You HAVE blessed me in so many ways!  There are too many to mention.  The Lord is great and He blesses me despite my sin.  His greatest blessings are His forgiveness and His death on the cross...all because He loves me.  I am weak and selfish and impatient among my many sin.  Thanks for loving me anyway but please forgive me Lord Jesus!  Help me be more like You and help me so that Your desires are my desires.  Help me lead a daring and bold faith.