Thursday, May 9, 2013

Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity.

Joel 2

This is the God we have:

Return to the Lord your God,
    for he is gracious and compassionate,
slow to anger and abounding in love,
    and he relents from sending calamity. v13

I have a God that will always welcome me back no matter what I do.  Yet if I continue to deny Him, patience is not unlimited.  I am aware of what happens to Ananias and Sapphira in Acts 5.

Despite what happens to Ananias and Sapphira, I focus on the God who will always welcome me back.  This is the same God from the story of the prodigal son.

My Prayer: Lord, You are a God of great mercy and compassion, indeed full of patience and slow to anger...and certainly abounding in love for me.  I am not worthy of all this as many times I fail to show faith in You and I fail to love You with all of my mind, heart, and soul.  Thank You Jesus for Your love but please forgive me!  Help me and rid me of such sin and help me deepen my love, trust, and faith in You.