Thursday, July 24, 2014

But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people.

John 2

But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people. v24

Many believe that Jesus lived an exemplary life - worthy of emulation.  Yet Jesus was more than a man He is the messiah - God Himself. My love for Him must be based on a correct view of who He really is - He is Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit...the Trinity.  Once we recognize who Jesus is, we then recognize who we are in relation to Jesus and it then becomes apparent that we are not Jesus, we are incapable of becoming Jesus, and that we are nothing without Jesus.

The Sermon on the Mount recognizes this as such with the following verse:

Blessed are the meek,
    for they will inherit the earth. Matthew 5:22

Humility is key in our relationship with Jesus - denial of self and recognition of our weakness, etc. play a critical role in Jesus growing in our heart.

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed great and I am not...not even close.  I am nothing without You and I need You desperately in my life.  Yet too often I rely on my own powers and I worry too much when my own powers fall short.  Thank You that You love me despite my sin...my worry, etc.  Please forgive me for my sins and help me turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.