Monday, July 28, 2014

He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”

John 3

He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.” v2

Nicodemus is an example of someone who engages with Jesus - He truly desires Truth and even though he has doubts he is willing to engage and believe in Jesus.  He ultimately became a believer* because his heart was open to receiving Truth.

*MacArthur, John (2005-05-10). The MacArthur Bible Commentary (Kindle Locations 45135-45136). Thomas Nelson. Kindle Edition.  

My Prayer: Jesus, I desire Truth...I do.  Help me with my unbelief!  I want You to grow in my heart because I desperately need You.  I sin - I struggle with worry, selfishness, impatience, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me.  Help me turn towards You...help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.