Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Wanting to release Jesus, Pilate appealed to them again.

Luke 23

Wanting to release Jesus, Pilate appealed to them again. v20

Pilate knew of Jesus' innocence yet he could not withstand the pressure of the Chief Priests and Elders who conspired to have Jesus killed.  This begs the question then: to what extent would I be willing to defend Jesus in the face of pressure.

Peter, for example, denied Jesus three times in the face of great pressure, perhaps even under threat of his own life.  I am in no way saying that Peter failed but herein lies the truth....when we are weak and we allow Jesus to reign in the face of our weakness, we gain strength.  I certainly have my doubts that I can, under the threat of losing my life, defend Jesus.  Yet what I am certain about is that the only way I CAN is WITH and THROUGH Jesus.

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength. Phillipians 4:13

My Prayer:  Lord You are a great God, able to do all things and I have seen you work miracles in my own life.  I am not worth such love and blessing Jesus.  I am selfish, quick to anger, slow to listen, arrogant and full of pride, etc.  Thank You that You love me no less because of my sin and You even suffered and died for me as a demonstration of Your love for me.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Strengthen my faith and help me deepen my love and trust for You Jesus.