Monday, July 7, 2014

Then Satan entered Judas, called Iscariot, one of the Twelve.

Luke 22

Then Satan entered Judas, called Iscariot,one of the Twelve. v3

We are born in His image but the "patterns of this world" (see post from yesterday) clearly have an influence.  In John 12, it states that Judas was keeper of the money bag:

But one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, who was later to betray him, objected, “Why wasn’t this perfume sold and the money given to the poor? It was worth a year’s wages.” He did not say this because he cared about the poor but because he was a thief; as keeper of the money bag, he used to help himself to what was put into it.  John 12:4-6

Apparently, Judas became too fond of money and this allowed Satan to overtake Jesus in Judas' heart.  We should all be wary of the influences we have and "not conform to the patterns of this world."

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You indeed are great, Your ways and Your will is perfect.  I desire You to transform my heart and my life to become more like You.  I desperately need You as I continue to struggle with sin - selfishness, arrogance, pride, anger, impatience, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me be the man You intend for me and help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.