Monday, July 21, 2014

Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

John 1

Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God. v12-13

In the past few years, I've recognized Jesus as the greatest gift of all time and the verses above support my claim - that are are given the right to become children of God and all that goes along with that.  Forgiveness, eternal life and so much more!  The fruits of the spirit - Galatians 5:22 - are a great way to describe what accrues to us as result of believing in Jesus:

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience (LJPP), kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness and self-control (KGFGS). Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

My Prayer: Lord, what a great God You are and what an amazing gift You are - the greatest gift of all time!  I am not worthy of such a gift - yet You bless me all the same.  Thank You Jesus.  Please forgive me for my lack of belief - I place too much faith in my own plans and powers and I worry - these are just two sins among my many!  Help me turn towards You and love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.