Thursday, July 17, 2014

They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds?"

Luke 24

They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds?" v37-38

Once again, as I posted yesterday, the scripture I read today from above shows the disciples' response to Jesus' resurrection as an indication of their inability to truly listen to and have faith in Jesus.  Not that I would be able to do any better myself, I recognize that I must draw and stay close to Jesus so I DON'T fail to listen  and fail to have faith.

My Prayer: Jesus, what a great God You are!  I know You love me...despite my sin!  Thank You Jesus.  Please forgive me for selfishness - I truly desire that You will help me turn from this sin and towards You.  Help me be the man You intend for me and help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.