Monday, September 14, 2015

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

1 Peter 5

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. v8

I know that Satan is real and lying in wait for me but I need to more aware of how Satan is at work in my life.  I can feel him working in certain situations, such as in my marriage, as a father, and in my service to the church.  Lord help me!

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are capable of all things - in fact, You beat Satan, sin and death.  And You rose again to save me a place in Heaven with You.  What a great God You are!  I need You Jesus, desperately!  Thank You for all that You are and do and have done, but I need more of You in my life.  Please forgive me for falling prey to sin in my marriage, as a father and in my service to the church.  Protect me from Satan, sin and the devil.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me remain alert and sober and on watch for the devil.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.