Wednesday, September 16, 2015

For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

2 Peter 1

For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit. v21

Peter is warning believers about false prophecy and teachings.  Wise human teachers lean not on their own understanding (see also Proverbs 3:5-6) but instead submit fully to God and allow God to speak through them.  Jesus said it to the Disciples in Luke 21:15.  God told this to Moses at the burning bush in Exodus 4.

We must understand truth both from a head and a heart perspective - see also my post yesterday.   When we understand truth, we will be better armed to discern false teachers and teachings.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God so full of patience for me...even though I am not so patient with others.  Thank You Jesus for Your grace but please forgive me for lack of patience for others...among my many sins.  Help me turn from my sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith. Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.