Friday, September 11, 2015

In the same way, you who are younger, submit yourselves to your elders. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, “God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.”

1 Peter 5

In the same way, you who are younger, submit yourselves to your elders. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because,

“God opposes the proud
    but shows favor to the humble.” v5

I often grumble or feel envy of others in church leadership because I think I know better...this is total arrogance...God has placed these people in church leadership and I am to submit to them...to be humble and to serve them.


My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are great and "[e]very good and perfect gift is from above".  I know You have blessed me gifts, spiritual, material, physical, emotional, etc.  You have placed others in my life for Your glory and my good and I often scoff at others such as church leadership.  Thank You for how You have blessed me, including church leadership, and please forgive me for such sin!  Help me turn from this sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me remain humble and submit to the authority of church leadership and serve them.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.