Tuesday, September 29, 2015

In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world.

1 John 5

In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. v3-4

Many in the world claim, and even believers, that it is impossible that human effort can and should keep all of God's commands.  This is true yet what is also true, and John speaks to this, is that with God and through submission to God's authority, we can BOTH keep His commands, and overcome the world.  

...“[w]ith man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26

My Prayer: Lord, You are a great God, full of love, compassion, kindness, gentleness, mercy, patience, etc...for all of Your children and I know for me...even though You know everything about me - past, present, and future...sin and all - You love me just the same.  And You chose me and came for me to suffer and die for me...thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such efforts and love...I am impatient, quick to anger, harsh with my words, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me stay with You and near to You and help me stay in Your word and submit to You.  Help me give me life away to You.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.