Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.

1 Peter 2

Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. v12

We exist to glorify God:
- see v9
- John 15:16
- Romans 12:1

and to bring others to Him.  This latter part of the verse is often overlooked.  Jesus help me focus on this.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God full of compassion, mercy, gentleness, patience...love for me...I not worth such blessings...I am weak and I fail to boldly proclaim Your glory...with my life and words.  Thank You that You bless me so but please forgive me Jesus!  Help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me live such a life that others are drawn to me and I can share the gospel with them.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.