Monday, September 21, 2015

Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position.

2 Peter 3

Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position. v17

Peter is warning us that Jesus will return and Judgement Day will be upon us all - we may die first, but either way we will be judged.  Should Jesus return before we die then the point is moot.  Again, either way we should be ready.  Peter wants us also to:
- bring others to Christ.
- live a spotless, blameless life
- be at peace with Christ
- look forward to being with Christ either in heaven or at the end of the age

God is great - he will leave me or forsake me.  Should I die, I will go home to Him.  Should He return before I die, He will take me with Him...forever!  What a great God!

My Prayer: Lord, You are an awesome God full of love and compassion for me.  I am not worth such blessings!  I worry and I am often full of stress.  Thank You for Your love and compassion but please forgive me Jesus...please forgive me for my worry and stress.  Help me lean not on my own powers or understanding but on YOU!  Help me bring all of my cares and worries to You.  Help me turn from sin towards YOU! Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer - help Lisa feel at ease about her radiation treatments and help today's and all appointments go well.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.