Friday, September 4, 2015

Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.

1 Peter 3

Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers. v7

I often do not treat Lisa with respect, being critical of her in front of Zach and Dustin and this is NOT respectful!  Forgive me Jesus!  Help me turn from such towards You.  I know what Peter speaks here is emphasized elsewhere in scripture:
- Ephesians 5
- Malachi 2
- Hosea 3
- Proverbs 5
- Colossians 3

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God full of love for me, even though You know everything about me, including my sin and shortcomings.  You suffered harshly and died for me, for no reason other than You sought to forgive my sins and to give me eternal life in heaven with You.  What an awesome gift You are!  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worthy of such a gift.  I often do not work as though I am working for the Lord - lazy!  Please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me love and treat Lisa with respect.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.