Saturday, December 8, 2018

On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Mark 2

On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.” v17

We are told on many occasions throughout the Bible to become more like Jesus.  The directive is to be a living sacrifice (Romans 12:1).  In this way, we become less and Jesus becomes more so that others see Jesus in us.  If we allow Jesus to work in and through us, others will see the power of Him and be drawn to Him just as described in Mark 1:45. Of course this is what Jesus wants...to reconcile His children to God.  Sin has separated us but through the blood of Christ we are restored.

In Mark 2, we see an example of what God wants for us - to go to those who need help.

Jesus - please help me become less so that You can become more.  Help me also be Your hands and feet to that others see Jesus in me.

My Prayer: Jesus, You came for me - broken and sinful - thank You Jesus!   I am not worth such love. I am week and I daily miss the mark.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin. Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.