Wednesday, December 19, 2018

“Lord,” she replied, “even the dogs under the table eat the children’s crumbs.”

Mark 7

 “Lord,” she replied, “even the dogs under the table eat the children’s crumbs.” v28

Jesus encounters many who desperation draws them to Him - they are seeking something from this world that is not available - comfort, peace, joy, etc.  The Syrophoenician Woman in Mark 7:24-30 is such an example whose desperation brings herself to Jesus.  She is desperate (seeking mere "crumbs") of healing for her daughter.  Once again, like others, those who believe reach a point where they recognize that it is only Jesus who can provide them what they are seeking and even then it requires faith in Jesus to believe that Jesus can help them.

I reached this point 20+ years ago and I've seen others reach this point.

We must be "poor in spirit".

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an amazing God You are that You love me and died for me.  I am not worth such love - not by a long shot.  I gossip, have bad thoughts, and so much more.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.