Sunday, December 9, 2018

“Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?”

Mark 2

“Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?” v24

As Jesus spends time with sinners and continues with His ministry, the Pharisees continue to question Jesus' authority and His legitimacy - first regarding fasting (v18) then regarding working on the Sabbath (v24).  God does want us to engage with Him daily, and this includes bringing Him our questions and doubts.  Yet the Pharisees are not asking to deepen their understanding of Jesus, they are asking with a sense of righteousness and arrogance - denying Jesus entirely.

We all have doubts and questions regarding God - yet at some point we must come to the conclusion - that Jesus is real, He died for my sins, He loves me, and He desires to save me from the sting of sin and death.

God welcomes our questions and He is willing to wrestle with us...just as Jacob did.  Check this out from DesiringGod - Will You Wrestle With God

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who has answered all of my prayers - not with what I have expected but You always hear and respond to my prayers - thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love.  I daily miss the mark.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.