Sunday, July 28, 2019

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[i] have been called according to his purpose.

Romans 8

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. v28

Paul wants us to know that everything we experience - the good and the bad - God uses for our good, underscoring that God has a plan for our life...just as it is stated in Jeremiah:

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11

John Piper believes that "[n]o promise in all the world surpasses the height and breadth and weight of [Romans 8:28]".

We must try and view our life's circumstances through the lens of what God is doing for us, and that He loves us.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God and I have seen in my own life how You have used both good and difficult circumstances for my good and of course for Your glory.  You are good!  I love You Jesus and I am grateful for Your hand in my life.  Yet I am undeserving.  I worry and I have other sin.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.