Friday, July 19, 2019

Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.

Romans 4

Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. v20-21

God made a covenant with Abraham, and even at 99 years old, Abraham (see v19-20) "did not waver".  Paul uses the covenant with Abraham as a reference point for us to believe Jesus in the same way that Abraham believed in God.  God makes many promises, and we must not only believe that Jesus is our Lord and Savior, but also believe in the many promises God makes. 

God will never fail us.  

For no word from God will ever fail. Luke 1:37

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God who loves me and never leaves me - thank You Jesus!  You are an incredible comfort - yet I am undeserving.  I am harsh with my words and actions and my sin is great.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your messages for me today and every day.