Wednesday, July 31, 2019

The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,”that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Romans 10

The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,”that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. v8-9

Paul is writing about Israel and how Christ revealed Himself to the Jews and how "they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness" (v3).  He was the Messiah expected by the Jews but they did not see Him as such.

Therefore, since The Word is near us - in the form of scripture, the church, the Holy Spirit, and those who share these with us - we should take the time to know Him as He is revealed in all of these things.  We are all seeking something, something that is real and who will fill our lives with the Fruits of the Spirit.  With Jesus, we get all of this and more, but we must simply believe and profess our faith. 

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are the One True God - the One who created and is in all things - and also our Savior. Thank You Jesus for adopting us as Your children and giving us fruits of the Spirit and everlasting life!  We are undeserving of such love and blessings.  I know for myself that I worry.  Please forgive me Father and help me turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind, and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.