Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness. For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.

Romans 6

Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness. For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace. v13-14

Paul describes how prior to Christ entering our life we are slaves to sin but with Christ we are given new life and we are now under grace.

Although I am perhaps jumping ahead, this calls to mind Romans 12:2 where we are encouraged to be transformed by the renewing of the mind so that we can better discern God's will for our lives.  When God enters and transforms our hearts and minds HIS will becomes OUR will.

See also recent post on free will.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves and who has both transformed my heart and life - thank You Jesus for Your amazing grace.  I am not deserving.  I worry...far too much.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to and apply Your message for me today and every day.