Friday, July 26, 2019

The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.

Romans 8

The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. v6

As Paul continues to unpack how the Holy Spirit provides freedom, he shares with us another nugget - this time how the Spirit gives us life and peace.  This is particularly comforting because at any given point in our lives we worry about this or that and Paul wants us to be free of these earthly worries - Jesus of course says the same thing in Matthew 6.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank You for the abundance and peace You provide - I am blessed...far more than I deserve.  I worry...too much.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.