Friday, December 20, 2019

All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, “God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.”

1 Peter 5

All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, “God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.” v5

Arrogance is dangerous because one begins to think how we are more important than God, that God does not matter as much as ourselves, that we don't need God, or that we can accomplish things without God - all of which is foolish! 

Just as Jesus humbled Himself on the cross we should remain humble and allow God to work IN and through us.

 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

Who, being in very nature God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
 
rather, he made himself nothing
    by taking the very nature of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    by becoming obedient to death—
        even death on a cross! Philippians 2:5-8

When we allow God to work in and through us, we also allow others to hold us accountable for the slide towards sin we may experience.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who helps me with my battle over arrogance and sin - thank You Jesus for the work in and through me - I know You are at work and You are not done yet.  Thank You Jesus for the sustenance, encouragement, training, etc.  I love You.  I am not deserving of such love and blessings.  I continue to sin.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength. Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin and help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.