Tuesday, December 17, 2019

For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.

1 Peter 3

For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil. v12

Peter continues to instruct us to pursue righteousness, including for spouses to do so (1 Peter 3:1-7).  As part of his efforts to encourage us to pursue good and peace (v11), he quotes OT (v12) and leaves us with a great promise of how God watches over us and hears our prayers.

Another of God's great promises.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God who loves me and who makes amazing promises that ALWAYS come true - You are faithful and You never leave or forsake me - thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such love and attention.  I sin...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.