Sunday, December 15, 2019

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

1 Peter 2

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. v9

I know God loves me, as I experience His love daily, and I know what He has done for me and continues to do for me.  He is slow to anger and abounding in love.  Here in today's verse we also have another great description of how God thinks of us - as His special possession.  For believers, we are also adopted into His family as His children.  We all have earthly family but it is incredible to know that we have a Heavenly Father that loves us more than anyone else on earth can.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who has adopted me as one of Your own children.  Thank You Jesus!  What an incredible gift - I am not deserving of such a gift.  I worry and I have other sin. Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strengths.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.