Saturday, December 14, 2019

Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.

1 Peter 2

Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind.  Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good. v1-3

On the heels of chapter 1 which ends with Peter sharing attributes of Christ as imperishable and enduring, we have another "therefore" (see also 1 Peter 1:13), followed by instructions in response to who Christ is.

When we begin to understand who Christ is and what He has done for us, we should response with a craving for more - a hunger and thirst for righteousness.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.  Matthew 5:6

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who has given me everything - including faith. Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of Your love and of the blessings You pour out for me.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, an apply Your message for me today and every day.