Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Be patient, then, brothers and sisters, until the Lord’s coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains.

James 5

Be patient, then, brothers and sisters, until the Lord’s coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains. v7

James wants us to be patient. We all live expectantly - like we deserve something.  Yet in v7-11, James is spot on that lack of patience leads to other sins - such as complaining and grumbling (see v9).  We should be content both with what we have and with our circumstances. James references Job's perseverance.  Of course, Job is an extreme example of suffering and hardship, but when we fix our eyes on Jesus, we are better able to see Jesus in all of the every day moments where we might not otherwise be looking for Him.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who has been with me through good and bad - You have never left me and I know You never will - thank You Jesus!  I am grateful Jesus.  Yet I know I am undeserving of Your love, grace, and mercy.  I sin...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.