Saturday, October 2, 2021

And Moses and Aaron went into the tent of meeting, and when they came out they blessed the people, and the glory of the Lord appeared to all the people. And fire came out from before the Lord and consumed the burnt offering and the pieces of fat on the altar, and when all the people saw it, they shouted and fell on their faces.

Leviticus 9

And Moses and Aaron went into the tent of meeting, and when they came out they blessed the people, and the glory of the Lord appeared to all the people. And fire came out from before the Lord and consumed the burnt offering and the pieces of fat on the altar, and when all the people saw it, they shouted and fell on their faces. Leviticus 9:23-24

This afternoon, I continued my study of Leviticus using the Christ-Centered Exposition series commentary for this book - continuing with chapter nine - Powerful Worship - covering Leviticus 9:1-24, looking specifically at the theme - Powerful Worship Results from God's Visitation.  The commentary highlights v9:23-34 to unequivocally state that the Israelites experienced powerful worship as "the glory of the Lord appeared to all the people." The commentary then goes further to ensure that this demonstration of God's visitation is what all believers should seek from worship and to avoid any focus on anything that people do as part of worship, like music or worship.  We are pointed to Leviticus 9, the inaugural worship service for the Israelites, where the commentary states "the people produced no music." Similarly, throughout the Bible, we see how God works through ordinary people to produce miracle after miracle - the message is consistent: God is enough; we should not focus on any specific type of music or any particular speaker we believe is powerful or insightful.  The commentary encourages us to seek God alone in our worship.  Pastor Jared delivered a sermon this past Sunday (26SEP2021) that underscores the very important message that "you don't need more than Jesus, you need more of Jesus."

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are more than enough and all that I need!  You do it all for me and You died for me - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of how You do everything for me and how You died for me.  I lack patience and I have anger.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me. Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cacner and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.