Thursday, October 21, 2021

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison[.]

Leviticus 13-15

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison[.] 2 Corinthians 4:16-17

This morning, I continued my study of Leviticus using the Christ-Centered Exposition series commentary for this book - completing chapter thirteen - Unclean! - covering Leviticus 13-15, looking specifically at the fifth and final theme for the chapter - Followers of Jesus Have a Future with No Sickness.  Here, the commentary focuses on how Jesus provides the greatest hope and source of strength believers have.  Leviticus 13-14 describe uncleanness from skin disease, and over the past several days my posts have discussed the commentary's perspectives on how skin disease, although not a sin, represents a consequence of our fallen and sinful state based on the original sin. This morning, the entry from the commentary more specifically looks at our fallen and sinful state, and how, for believers, although our earthly bodies face decay (including sickness and infirmities and the associated discomfort, pain, and suffering), when we enter Heaven, we will be made new again, and all of the earthly aspects of our bodies and the associated experience goes away.  The commentary refers to the following additional scriptures to emphasize this (and arguably most) important point:

We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet.  For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.  For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality. When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written:

“Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?” 1 Corinthians 15:51-55

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” Revelation 21:3-4

Comment and discuss this post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus - thank You!  Thank You and praise God for the hope, peace of mind, strength, and encouragement You provide by promising eternal life!  I know in Heaven I will see a renewed Dustin with no Down Syndrome and I will see my mom there as well - among the many brothers and sisters in Christ I will see - how glorious!  I am not deserving of these blessings and the amazing grace You pour out for me.  My sins of gossip, worry, etc. continue.  Please forgive me Jesus!  Help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith. Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.