Wednesday, December 29, 2021

...Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come.

1 Thessalonians 1

...Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come. 1 Thessalonians 1:10

This evening, until I start a new Bible study, I continue using devotionals from John Piper.  Today, the post focuses on the terrible eternal wrath of God that awaits those who spurn God's call to submit to Him.  At the same time it highlights how believers are to tremble with joy over our salvation...how Jesus rescues us from eternal damnation and saves a place for us in Heaven.  Joy indeed!

Comment and discuss this post here.

My Prayer: Heavenly Father - You are too great for words, and You are full of compassion and mercy for me - You loved me and saved me while I was an enemy of You and hostile to You.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such a God.  My sin continues...daily...including worry, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.