Monday, November 12, 2012

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9

For to us a child is born,
    to us a son is given,
    and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
    Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. v6

The greatest gift of all...the greatest blessing of all time...is Jesus Christ.  Isaiah tells of the coming of Christ which is great news indeed.

I don't have to live a life enslaved to sin.  I can come to Christ who will bear and forgive my sin so that I can have a new life...a new life in Him.  What an amazing gift.

My Prayer: Lord, the gift of Your son is a gift like no other.  It is the only gift we could ever want or need.  Yet I continue to find images of God elsewhere or I worry too much...or I exasperate my children.  I know You love me Lord Jesus, and I do thank You for this love, but I seek Your forgiveness.  I also seek the transformation that only You can provide.  I seek to have Your truth and Your Spirit dwell throughout my body and in my daily life.  Guide me.