Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Lord Almighty is the one you are to regard as holy, he is the one you are to fear, he is the one you are to dread.

Isaiah 8

The Lord Almighty is the one you are to regard as holy,
    he is the one you are to fear,
    he is the one you are to dread. v13

And of course there is Matthew 22:37-39:

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

I should not have desires outside of what God desires for me.  Yet I continue to fall down.

This dilemma is also expressed by Paul

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.  
Romans 7:21-25

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are the standard - as You are perfect, pure, and Holy.  I am not.  I know that You love me anyway but Lord Jesus please forgive me for the corruption of my heart and for my unholy acts.  Help me so that I am not a slave to sin.  Purify me, refine me, transform both my heart and my life.  Take me Jesus I desire to be Yours and Yours alone.  I don't want any desires beyond what You desire for me.