Tuesday, November 6, 2012

With it he touched my mouth and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.

Isaiah 6

With it he touched my mouth and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.” v7

God has always been one of forgiveness and grace.  As I have read here in Chronicles, we are often deserving of harsh punishment but God forgives and is full of grace.

It is also written in 2 Corinthians 12:9:

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”

Grace is ALL that is needed....on grace alone we have power previously unavailable to us.

The dictionary defines grace as: "unmerited divine assistance given humans for their regeneration or sanctification".

This is really all that is needed....why would we need more than this? 


My Prayer: Your grace Lord Jesus IS sufficient....it IS all that I need.  Your grace has carried through light and darkness.  You have been there and will be there always.  Yet I don't often trust in this grace and as well I sin in other ways, liking speaking badly of others, particularly of leaders in the political realm and at work.  This is wrong and sinful.  I thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me for these sins.  Refine me, purify me and help me trust in You alone and Your grace.