Thursday, November 15, 2012

For the Lord Almighty has purposed, and who can thwart him? His hand is stretched out, and who can turn it back?

Isaiah 14

For the Lord Almighty has purposed, and who can thwart him?
    His hand is stretched out, and who can turn it back? v27

The Lord Is in control.  Yet that does not mean that I am to sit still.  As I have read in Hebrews 6:1 and posted on it here, we are to grow in our faith.  Similarly, we are to live by faith AND through action, as I have read and posted here.

I cannot simply sit idle and trust that because the Lord is in control that He will make me get up and do things.  WRONG.  I am to be bold and act on my faith as I feel directed by Him (and through the Bible, prayer, others, etc.).

My Prayer: Lord, You are active, and You continue to do amazing things in my life and in the world that I can see.  I am not deserving of the rich blessings You provide.  I am lazy and I don't act out my faith as You demand from me.  Thank You that You love me anyway, but please forgive me for my inaction and laziness!  Please help me get off my duff and act out my faith.  Help me be bold!  Help me be Your hands and feet - I deeply desire to by Your instrument for Your plans.