Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Lord takes his place in court;he rises to judge the people.

Isaiah 3

The Lord takes his place in court;
    he rises to judge the people. v13

This morning I reflect on how I have neglected the Lord, and turned my back on Him.  I have not reached to the Lord in study, prayer, reflection in over a week.  I have worried about work and school and other matters.  I have also judged others and said awful things about them.

This morning I am reminded that Lord is judge and that I deserve punishment for my sin.

 I am reminded as well that if I am punished it will be for my own good and for God's glory:

Whoever spares the rod hates their children,
    but the one who loves their children is careful to discipline them. Proverbs 13:24

My Prayer: Lord,  You are perfect, pure, and holy.  Everything You have done and will do is with both a pure motive and with a perfect outcome.  I have seen the precision of Your design and the beauty of Your outcomes in my own life, in the lives of others, and in creation - in nature.  Amazing.  Yet, in contrast, I have impure motives AND I have imperfect outcomes with all of the sin in my life.  I know that You love me anyway, so I am deeply grateful for that, but I ask that You forgive me.  Help me deepen my faith and love of You.  Give me strength to be bold and to carry out Your plan for me.