Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Surely wickedness burns like a fire; it consumes briers and thorns, it sets the forest thickets ablaze, so that it rolls upward in a column of smoke.

Isaiah 9 

Surely wickedness burns like a fire;
    it consumes briers and thorns,
it sets the forest thickets ablaze,
    so that it rolls upward in a column of smoke. v18

This is a reminder that sin is everywhere....and it spreads easily.

This morning, I recall different ways we can avoid sin:

Being separate from sin
Repentance and forgiveness through Jesus Christ
The Word of God in Your heart will protect you

My Prayer: Lord, You are Holy and sinless.  I am not....I continue to speak and think badly of people.  I know You love me anyway, so thank You Lord Jesus for Your unconditional love.  Please forgive me and help me avoid sin.  Help protect me and help purify and refine me.