Monday, November 5, 2012

Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight.

Isaiah 5

Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    and clever in their own sight. v21

Many a times have I heard God speak a message warning of arrogance and pride.  For example, I have recently read these words in Proverbs.

In Isaiah 5, "woe" has severe consequences:

for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty
    and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel.
Therefore the Lord’s anger burns against his people;
    his hand is raised and he strikes them down.
The mountains shake,
    and the dead bodies are like refuse in the streets. v24-25

My Prayer: Lord, it is only You who are wise - it is through You that all wisdom exists.  I have none except through You.  Yet I continue to believe and have faith in my self and my own wisdom.  Deeply sinful!!  I know You love me anyway, but please forgive me Lord Jesus...rid of this pride and arrogance.  Help me draw close to You.  Fill my heart with Your words and Your wisdom.  Help me act out my faith and be Jesus to others.  I seek to please and honor You Lord Jesus.