Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Before I was born the Lord called me; from my mother’s womb he has spoken my name.

Isaiah 49

Before I was born the Lord called me;
from my mother’s womb he has spoken my name. v1

...

He made my mouth like a sharpened sword,
in the shadow of his hand he hid me;
he made me into a polished arrow
and concealed me in his quiver.
He said to me, “You are my servant,
Israel, in whom I will display my splendor.” v2-3

I am challenged to act in the name of the Lord Jesus...just as I am with James:

14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds?  James 2:14

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, I desperately desire to be more like You as You are pure, holy, and perfect and You are everything...I also desire to please You.  Yet I fall short.  I know You love me but please forgive me.  Help me....strengthen me and make it such that Your desires are my desires.