Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Sovereign Lord has given me a well-instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being instructed.

Isaiah 50

The Sovereign Lord has given me a well-instructed tongue,
to know the word that sustains the weary.
He wakens me morning by morning,
wakens my ear to listen like one being instructed.  v4

Elsewhere:
[M]an does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.  Deuteronomy 8:3

But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. Psalm 1:2

My Prayer: Lord, Your word is perfect - nothing else is needed.  Just the same, all i need is you...however, i often seek other gods...this is not right!!  I know you love me anyway but please forgive me lord jesus.  Help me.  purify me and help me lean solely on you.  Help me so that your desires are my desires.  Help me be more like you.