Thursday, January 10, 2013

Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near.

Isaiah 55

Seek the Lord while he may be found;
call on him while he is near. v6

At the beginning of this chapter, I find words highly encouraging, words that deepen my desire for Him:

“Come, all you who are thirsty,
come to the waters;
and you who have no money,
come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
without money and without cost.
Why spend money on what is not bread,
and your labor on what does not satisfy?
Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good,
and you will delight in the richest of fare.
Give ear and come to me;
listen, that you may live.
I will make an everlasting covenant with you,
my faithful love promised to David. v1-3

God is the provider of all that is good and all that we need is Him.

My Prayer: Lord, You are good, pure, perfect, and all that I need.  Yet I seek other earthly pursuits.  I know You love me and I thank You that You do but please forgive me for not loving You and only You with all of my heart mind and soul.  Help me deepen my desires for You.  I desperately seek to delight and glorify You Jesus Christ.