Tuesday, January 22, 2013

[The people] are the shoot I have planted, the work of my hands, for the display of my splendor.

Isaiah 60

[The people] are the shoot I have planted,
the work of my hands,
for the display of my splendor.  v21

I exist to glorify God.  To show His power and His glory.

1 Peter 2 says:

Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.  v12

This is just one example of how we can glorify God.  I seek to glorify God in all ways, all of the time.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God and Your might is incredible and the works of Your hands incredible.  You are full of compassion and patience, and love, and of course SO much more.  I am amazed that You love me.  I am weak and I neglect You in favor of earthly comfort.  I know You love me anyway but please forgive me Father.  Help me so that Your desires are my desires.