Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear.

Isaiah 65

Before they call I will answer;
while they are still speaking I will hear. v24

Isaiah, speaks of things to come and he prophesizes about the coming of Jesus, a new Jersualem, and "new heavens and a new earth".  He also reminds us of an all knowing God. 

You have searched me, Lord,
and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
you, Lord, know it completely.
5 You hem me in behind and before,
and you lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain. Psalm 139:1-6

I cannot hide anything from God - he knows my thoughts and my true intentions.

My Prayer: Lord, You know everything about me all the time.  You know what burdens my heart and You respond.  You lay your hand upon me.  I am not worthy of such love.  You seek me out but I sometimes spurn or neglect You.  I know You love me anyway but please forgive me Lord Jesus!!  Help me be strong and obedient.  Help me so that Your desires are my desires.  Give me energy and help me fulfill Your plan for my life.