Friday, January 4, 2013

“Hear me, you who know what is right,you people who have taken my instruction to heart

Isaiah 51

“Hear me, you who know what is right,
you people who have taken my instruction to heart:
Do not fear the reproach of mere mortals
or be terrified by their insults.
For the moth will eat them up like a garment;
the worm will devour them like wool.
But my righteousness will last forever,
my salvation through all generations.” v7-8

Focus on God's words and do not worry about words of humans.

We are of course to focus on God and glorifying and delighting Him.  This is of course the purpose of our existence.  However, we live on earth and must fulfill His purpose for us while we are mortal beings.  We are to avoid focus too much on ourselves, our own desires, and to stand guard against influence of non believers.

My Prayer: Lord, Your words are eternal, they are perfect, and they are for me! Amazing.  Yet I don't always seek out Your word and I don't always follow or obey Your words.  I know You love me anyway so I thank You but I pray that You will forgive me.  I also wish that Your desires are my desires. Help me be more like You.