Wednesday, January 9, 2013

In a surge of anger I hid my face from you for a moment, but with everlasting kindness I will have compassion on you,” says the Lord your Redeemer.

Isaiah 54

In a surge of anger
I hid my face from you for a moment,
but with everlasting kindness
I will have compassion on you,”
says the Lord your Redeemer. v8

The Lord is a just God.  He is certainly entitled to be angry when we do something detestable - sin of course.  But He is just also in that He shows compassion, patience, and kindness.  His wrath is out of love.

Everlasting kindness...what an amazing God I have.

My Prayer: Lord, You are amazing!  That you are SO kind and full of compassion for me...I am undeserving of such love.  I am weak and I sin.  I speak and think badly of people.  I know You love me so thank You for Your love but please forgive me Lord Jesus.  Help me...rid me of impure thoughts about others and rid me of saying impure things about others.  Help me so that Your desires are my desires.  I deeply desire to honor and glorify You Lord Jesus.