Tuesday, March 19, 2013

If you stay in this land, I will build you up and not tear you down; I will plant you and not uproot you, for I have relented concerning the disaster I have inflicted on you.

Jeremiah 42

9“This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, to whom you sent me to present your petition, says: 10 ‘If you stay in this land, I will build you up and not tear you down; I will plant you and not uproot you, for I have relented concerning the disaster I have inflicted on you. 11 Do not be afraid of the king of Babylon, whom you now fear. Do not be afraid of him, declares the Lord, for I am with you and will save you and deliver you from his hands. 12 I will show you compassion so that he will have compassion on you and restore you to your land.’ v9-12

God gives us multiple second chances...it is amazing the depth and breadth of His patience and compassion for us.  If we indeed demonstrate a true heart of repentance He will forgive and show mercy but not because we deserve it but because He is merciful.  If He makes a promise He will keep it.  But if we don't keep up our end of the bargain, there is certainly no guarantee that God will continue to give us additional "second chances".

My Prayer: Lord, Your patience, compassion, and mercy is beyond what I can comprehend.  You demonstrate mercy for me even though I don't deserve it.  Thank You so much Lord Jesus.  Please forgive me for my lust and help me turn from it.  Help me give in to You fully and turn from this sin.  Help me so that Your desires are my desires.